Nortstudio legal warranty
We offer a legal guarantee of 2 years. This is provided by European legislation, Directive 99/44/EC.
What products are covered?
The two-year legal guarantee is valid for all material goods.
For what problems?
The two-year legal guarantee applies to any lack of conformity on our product.
- the quality of your purchase does not comply with the show model (for example, you bought a blue pair of trousers but received a red pair)
- the quality and performance do not meet the expectation you had and which were created by the seller/manufacturer.
- you cannot use the product for the purpose for which it is normally used, or for the special requirements you had and which were accepted by the seller .
Please note: the two-year legal guarantee does not apply if you were aware of the defect when you purchased the product or if it was caused by you (due to incorrect treatment, failure to comply with the instructions, etc.).
Who has to prove the defect?
- during the first 6 months after purchase: the seller is automatically responsible. He must apply the two-year legal guarantee, unless he can prove that you caused the defect.
- after the first 6 months after purchase: the seller may ask you to prove that the defect is actually caused by a manufacturing error.
What terms should be respected?
When you discover a defect, you must react immediately by contacting the seller within a period of 2 months.
If you intend to go to court, you have one year from the moment the defect was first discovered. This period of 1 year cannot end within the period of 2 years.
If you discover the defect after two years, the system of ‘Hidden Defects’ applies (see Belgian Civil Code: article 1641 ff). You must prove that the defect already existed when you purchased the product. In that case, you may ask the seller for a refund or discount.
Please note: The period of 2 years does not start again after the product has been replaced! The period is only suspended for the time the product is repaired.
What about the costs?
The legal guarantee is free of charge for the buyer. The seller must pay all costs of repair and replacement, as well as those for delivery and return.
Did you buy a product from a web shop in Europe? Or you return the product and ask the seller for a refund of the return fees on the basis of the invoice. Or the seller takes care of the return. Be sure to examine these options with the seller to avoid surprises later on.
How about purchases made abroad?
The legal guarantee is valid in every EU country, Norway, Iceland and the United Kingdom and is roughly the same everywhere. Some extra conditions may apply in a number of countries.